Campo di Trens
Castel Pietra, Castel Tasso and the pilgrimage church of Maria Trens are the flagships of the municipality of Campo di Trens.
The municipality of Campo di Trens extends from the narrowing of the Isarco gorge at Fortezza to the valley basin of Vipiteno and comprises the localities of Campo Trens, Dosso, Pruno, Flanes, Campo di Sopra, Capo, Cava, Mules, Novale Basso, Fuldres, Rizzolo, Olmedo, Stilves, Scandole, Valgenauna and Castelpietra.
Campo di Trens is, in fact, one of the youngest municipalities of South Tyrol, the foundation of which dates back to the year 1928, when Stilves and Trens joined to form one community. Today Campo di Trens has got some 2,460 inhabitants and extends from 930 to 1,500 m asl. Also the protected areas of Castel Pietra, Grante Moos, Prantnermoos and Kirchenau are part of the municipal territory.
Beside Castel Pietra, Castel Tasso and Welfenstein Castle, the S. Valentino church of Valgenauna and the S. Osvaldo church of Mules, there is another attraction in Campo di Tures, which is the pilgrimage church of Maria Trens. This place belongs to the main pilgrimage sights of South Tryol, second only to Pietralba.