S. Lorenzo di Sebato
The market town of San Lorenzo offers a museum that gives an insight into the Roman era, called Mansio Sebatum.
San Lorenzo comprises a wide-spread area and is located in the heart of the Val Pusteria. Stretching from 748 to 2,194 m asl, it comprises the villages of Castelbadia, S. Stefano, Sares, Mantana, Palù, Oines, Elle, S. Martino, Moso, Floronzo and the main place of San Lorenzo, located in the place where the Gadera river empties into the Rienza.
From a historic viewpoint, San Lorenzo is one of the most interesting villages of the Val Pusteria. In 1857, a Roman milestone was discovered. Today in the place of discovery, there is a duplicate of this milestone, as the original has been handed over to the provincial museum Ferdinandeum in Innsbruck. San Lorenzo used to be the centre of the Roman administrative area Sebatum. In fact also remnants of residences were excavated in San Lorenzo. Today a museum is dedicated to the Roman era, that is to say the Mansio Sebatum, which is really worth to be visited.
Skiing at Plan de Corones, a walk to the Maria Sares pilgrimage church or a cycle tour on the cycle track PusterBike, San Lorenzo leaves nothing to be desired.