Ronchi is located in the south of Termeno and benefits from its fabulous position on a winehill.
The small but mighty village of Ronchi lies at 318 m asl and has got some 140 inhabitants. Located in the south of Termeno, Rochi is accessible from Termeno via a narrow road, but can also be accessed from Cortaccia. Until 1978 Ronchi has by the way been part of Cortaccia.
In the surroundings of Ronchi, slightly underneath the centre, in 1880 a particular discovery was made. In other words, a menhir, considered to testify prehistoric Neolithic and Eneolithic settlements in this area, was excavated. This menhir is today exhibited in the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum in Innsbruck. A sight that is particularly worth visiting is the neo-Romanesque church of Ronchi, planned around 1900 by Ferdinand Mungenast and built one year later.
Especially in autumn, when the grapes have been harvested, Ronchi is an idyllic place. This is also the period of the long-lived “Toerggele” tradition. On this occasion, local taverns offer tasty meals, roasted chestnuts and sweet cider. By the way, usually Toerggele evenings are combined with a pleasant autumn walk preceding the hearty dinner.