The idyllic village of Cortaccia extends on the sunny side of the Wine Road.
The municipality of Cortaccia is made up of the main village and the component localities of Penon, Curon, Niclara and Favogna di Sopra. It stretches from the bottom of the valley at 212 m up to the Giovo di Coredo. Findings dating back to the Middle Stone Age and Bronze Age testify a prehistoric settlement. In 1191 it was first mentioned in the so-called “letter of S. Vigilius”.
Cortaccia is an ideal place for relaxing and experiencing the intact landscape. Many farms and residences date back to the 13th to 17th century, they tell the history of Cortaccia and can be experienced in guided farm walks. Moreover there are hiking trails as well as climbing routes in every level of difficulty, up to the high plateau of Favogna or the Corno di Tres.
The slopes round and above Cortaccia are covered by vineyards, these grapes are used to produce wine of international fame. In fact, about 330 hectares are dedicated to vineyards and more than half of the population works in the field of agriculture. Those, however, who would like to learn more about wine can take part in a wine educational trail, gathering interesting information on the high-quality juice that is produced in this place.