The idyllic village of Albions is located above the city of Chiusa in Valle Isarco
Image gallery: Albions
This component locality of the municipality of Laion is located at the left side of the Isarco valley, opposite the village of Villandro. Situated at 890 m asl, Albions is located in the heart of meadows and forests and has got some 300 inhabitants.
Beside the tranquillity of nature, also the parish church deserves a visit. The most ancient construction elements of the sacred building date back to the early and late Gothic period. The artful altar in Gothic style, on the wings of which scenes of the Saint George’s life are illustrated, was created by the artist Andre Haller of Bresanone around 1520.