Pozzo, bordering on San Antonio, is the smallest locality of the municipality of Caldaro
Small but mighty is the locality of Pozzo, located at an altitude of 533 m asl. In the north Pozzo borders on San Nicolò, while in the south there is the Pfusser Lahn river, the river that runs from the Mendola mountain down into the valley, representing the separation line between San Antonio and Pozzo. Even if Pozzo is really small, it has its own church that was constructed in the 16th century and is dedicated to S. Rochus. The frescos adorning the exterior walls date back to the 1519 century.
Nestling between the buildings slightly above the church, there is a little castle, the Mühlburg castle. In 1589 it was the mason Silvester del Gall to transform one of the ancient farms into a mighty residence characterised by the Oltradige construction style.
Our tip: a walk on the Alta Via di Caldaro stretching above the village of Pozzo.