Above all the cities offer a great variety of shops, markets and possibilities to go shopping.
Image gallery: Markets, fairs and shopping
Shopping in South Tyrol is a real experience. This is where you can find anything your heart desires, from Italian fashion to traditional costumes. Ideal places for shopping tours are of course the cities, such as Merano, Bolzano, Bressanone and Brunico. In the centre of these cities, one shop is located next to the other. Shoes, sports equipment, evening dresses or umbrellas… the variety is inexhaustible!
Those who are looking for typical South Tyrolean products such as speck or strudel will also find some shops offering local delicacies. Products coming directly from the farms, however, can be purchased at the farmers’ shops. One of the largest farmers’ markets is offered at Bolzano, but also several villages offer markets of considerable size of this kind, such as Brunico.
But you can also choose one of the weekly markets. Below you can find a selection.
• Mondays - San Paolo/Appiano, Bressanone, Kastelbell-Tschars, Terlano, Dobbiaco
• Tuesdays - San Michele/Appiano, Laives
• Wednesdays - Caldaro, Brunico, Ora, Nova Ponente, Malles, Salorno
• Thursdays- Cornaiano/Appiano, Silandro, Laives, Castelrotto, Siusi allo Sciliar, Selva di Val Gardena, Meltina
• Fridays - Merano, Vipiteno, Laces, Magrè, Lana, Egna
• Saturday - Bolzano (Piazza della Vittoria), Naturno, Sarentino, Renon
To those who are interested in a special topic such as leisure time, architecture or biologic products, we warmly recommend to visit one of the specialized fairs in the city of Bolzano.