The sun conquers the landscape and winter has to draw back. The point of time, however, differs from area to area.
The image of the landscape in the province of Bolzano is rather diversified in the spring season. While in the Alpine areas snow might fall, the fruit orchards in the valleys prepare for the spring blossom. From the end of March, there are more and more sunny days, making you get out to experience the landscape and make the first hiking and cycling tours. Even in April precipitations are quite rare.
The temperatures, however, differ from area to area. While in southern parts, that is to say in the surroundings of Bolzano (Bassa Atesina, Oltradige and Strada del Vino) as well as in Val d'Adige between Bolzano and Merano, May is already a rather mild month, you can still enjoy skiing in higher located skiing areas, such as in Val Venosta, in Val Pusteria, Val Gardena, Badia and the upper Valle Isarco. Snowfall on Easter is not too rare. The villages of Dobbiaco and Resia in Val Venosta represent the localities between 1,200 and 1,500 m asl, as far as temperatures are concerned.
- March: min. 2 max. 15 degrees C
- April: min. 7 max. 20 degrees C
- May: min. 10 max. 23 degrees C
- March: min. -2 max. 8 degrees C
- April: min. 1 max. 9 degrees C
- May: min. 6 max. 16 degrees C
- March: min. -1 max. 7 degrees C
- April: min. 0 max. 8 degrees C
- May: min. 5 max. 14 degrees C