Only a stone’s throw from San Lorenzo, there is the village of Floronzo.
The little village of Floronzo is located at 800 m asl and has got about 190 inhabitants. It located where the Gadera river empties into the Rienza.
When the village was pest-hit a very long time ago, people swore to build a church when the plague was over, and so they did. The church is dated with 1680, the church steeple was added later on.
In the surroundings of the village, there is the so-called Pflaurenzer Köpfl hill, covered by a forest and ideal for promenading. Also worth a visit is the Klosterwald chapel, which was constructed in remembrance of the victims of 1809 and 1813.
Another popular and frequented walking destination is the pilgrimage church of Maria Sares.