Spinga is located at a plateau above the Valle Isarco and went down in history with the battle of Spinga.
Spinga is located on a sun-drenched terrace above the Valle Isarco at 1,105 m asl and has got some 290 inhabitants. The name of the village first appears in documents dating back to the year 1174.
An important chapter of the Tyrolean freedom fights has been written in Spinga, as a group of combatants fought against the troupes of Napoleon in the so-called battle of Spinga. A girl of the village came out as heroe of this battle: Katharina Lanz, the “Jeanne d’Arc of Tyrol”, defended her home against the Frenchmen with a pitchfork from the murals of the cemetery of Spinga - this is also how she is still illustrated today, with a hay fork in her hand.
The late-Gothic parish church consecrated to S. Rupert and the San Sepolcro chapel dating back to the 17th century are two further sights that are testimonies of the animated past of the small but mighty village.
A hike or mountain bike tour to the Rif. Anratter, which has twice been elected the most popular mountain hut of the holiday area. This mountain hut offers a petting zoo for kids as well as a sun terrace, where adults can taste delicious traditional dishes.