Castel Moos-Schulthaus has one of the richest histories of all the historic buildings found in Appiano, located in the castle-rich Oltradige area. The history of the venerable building dates back to the 14th century. In 1958 it was bought by Walther Amonn, a businessman from Bolzano. During restoration efforts, frescoes dating back to 1470/75 AD were discovered. Castel Moos-Schulthaus, where nowadays the the Museum for Medieval Culture of Living is located, is open to the public from Easter until October.