Nalles, also referred to as the village of roses, has preserved its genuine character up to the present day.
The idyllic village of Nalles is situated on a debris cone between the mountain and the valley, on an altitude of 331 m asl. Still today the tradition and culture of ancient times is alive in the village. Numerous residences and castle-like buildings are spread all over the village and are real eye-catchers in the landscape. Particularly atmospheric is the village in summer, when the colourful roses thrive in the village. Nalles really lives up to its name “the village of roses”.
Nalles is moreover the northernmost village of the famous South Tyrolean Wine Route. It is the seat of the most ancient winery of South Tyrol that was mentioned for the first time in 1286. This wine cellar is hosted by Castel Schwanburg, above the village centre. Worth visiting is also Castel Stachelburg, dating back to the second half of the 16th century. Those who love sports can look forward to a horse riding stable and an outdoor pool in the village, as well a the golf course in the neighbouring municipality of Lana.
Our tip: Visit the S. Ulrico parish church, which is one of the most particular Baroque church buildings of South Tyrol.