During the hot summer months, a refreshing jump into the cool water not only for you is a pleasure, also your four-legged friend will appreciate a nice cooling down after an extensive mountain hike.
Below we have listed some lakes for you, where your dog is allowed to swim, so that the summer holidays in South Tyrol become an adventure for two-legged and four-legged water lovers.
* Lake Anterselva, Val Pusteria valley
* Lake Braies, Val Pusteria valley
* Lake Dobbiaco, Val Pusteria valley
* Lake Colle, south of South Tyrol
* Lake Zoccolo, Val d’Ultimo valley
* Lake Vernago, Val Senales valley
* Lake Gioveretto, Val Martello valley
* Lake Resia, Val Venosta valley
In the Monticolo Lakes in Appiano dogs are not allowed to swim during the bathing season between May 15 and September 15. Furthermore, for hygienic reasons the access for dogs to all public bathing beaches is not allowed, e.g. at Lake Caldaro and the Issengo Pond. Also on other lakes, such as Lake Tret or Lake Favogna (both biotopes), there are prohibition signs.