Starting from Redagno you can reach a very special natural highlight, which is a gorge called Rio delle Foglie, South Tyrol’s largest gorge.
Our hike starts at the visitor centre in Aldino (Aldein). About 1 km from Aldino we turn in the direction of Lerch and "Bletterbach", the famous GEOPARC Rio delle Foglie. This is where we start our walk on path no. 3, across the forest and further on into the gorge via the "Taubenleck".
Then we proceed up the river to the Butterloch Waterfall and shortly before the waterfall via the Jagersteig path to the viewing platform. If you feel like, you can walk on onto the "Görz" (1,650 m a.s.l.). However, we proceed on the GEOlogic Trail to the Laner Mountain Hut (Laner or Lahner Alm), from where we can reach our starting point via the forest educational trail.
We recommend you to take notice of the different rock layers in the gorge, revealing a range of geologic peculiarities of the Dolomites. We are sure you will enjoy it!
- Starting point:
- parking area of the Geoparc Bletterbach visitor centre, Aldino
- Time required:
- 01:30 h
- Track length:
- 4,2 km
- from 1.414 m to 1.613 m
- Altitude difference= ucfirst(_('')) ?>:
- +201 m | -201 m
- Geoparc visitor centre - Rio delle Foglie Gorge - Educational Trail
- Nr. 3 - geological path - Jagersteig - Educational Trail
- Resting points:
- Lahner Alm
- Recommended time of year:
- Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
- Download GPX track:
- Hike through the Rio delle Foglie Gorge
If you want to do this hike, we suggest you to check the weather and trail conditions in advance and on site before setting out.