The Parish Museum in Tubre in the Val Monastero valley is housed in the St. Michael Chapel from the 14th century.
In Tubre, close to the Swiss border, there are several interesting and art-historically valuable places of worship: The St. John Church, probably the oldest building in the village, dates back to the 9th century. It is well known for its Romanesque frescoes. The one on the north wall dates back to the beginning of the 13th century and shows the oldest portrait of St. Christophorus in Tyrol. In addition there is the beautiful late Gothic Parish Church of St. Blasius and the adjacent St. Michael Cemetery Chapel (it can be seen in the background on the left).
The St. Michael Cemetery Chapel was built in the 14th century and consecrated to the Archangel Michael in 1383. In the basement there is a crypt, which today is used as a storage room, while in the altar bay well preserved frescoes from the 15th century can be admired. Also worth seeing is the St. Michael Parish Museum - "Pfarrmuseum St. Michael" in German, "Museo Parrocchiale di San Michele" in Italian - with its 20 treasures, which is located directly in the chapel.
Since 2000 it has been showing artworks from the eight churches of Tubre, including the late Gothic winged altar from the St. Martin Church. It dates back to around 1520. And how to reach the Parish Museum? It is located just next to the Parish Church, a parking space is available. Alternatively bus line 811 (Malles - Tubre in Val Monastero) takes you to the museum.
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.
The museum is open only during the summer months: Wednesdays from 10 am till noon time.