In an old granary next to the Campo Tures Parish Church, the Parish Museum with its treasures is located.
Next to the Assumption of Mary Parish Church in Campo Tures (Sand in Taufers) there is an ancient granary dating back to 1559 AD. At the time of the Nobles of Campo Tures until the early 19th century, it was used as a storehouse for the grain tithe, the levy of the farmers, which was divided between the vicar and the judge of Campo Tures.
In this ancient building, the Tures Parish Museum - “Pfarrmuseum Taufers” in German, “Museo Parrocchiale di Tures” in Italian - was opened in 1984. It shows the exhibits, which Dean Munter collected in loving detail work, mainly sacral artworks from the churches and chapels of Campo Tures and surroundings. Some of them are still in liturgical use today, some have been lent to the museum to round off the valuable collection.
There are also various excavation finds that were made here. Also the beautiful late Gothic church next to the granary can be visited. And how to reach the Tures Parish Museum? It is located along the Valle Aurina road, before you reach the village centre of Campo Tures, parking spaces are available. Nearby there is also a bus stop of the line 450 (Brunico - Campo Tures).
from the beginning of July to mid-October 2020
phone: +39 0474 678543