In the district of Rencio the smallest museum of Bolzano is located: the School Museum in the historic Lamplhaus.
The Lamplhaus in the district of Rencio (Rentsch) is a building steeped in history and also known as Könighof or Residence Windegg. It was built from the 16th to the 17th century in the Oltradige style. Between 1885 and 1928, this late Renaissance building was the seat of the old school of Rencio. In 2010 it was finally renovated by the city of Bolzano (Bozen): five years later, the Bolzano School Museum - "Schulmuseum Bozen" in German, "Museo della Scuola di Bolzano" in Italian - was opened here, which tells the story of the development of school education in South Tyrol.
In the museum you can see an old classroom from 1885, reading boards, schoolbooks and prepared animals as teaching aids. A separate room is dedicated to gymnastics lessons in those days. It documents in a unique way the German and Italian school history in South Tyrol, which also includes the catacomb schools and the Alpine school home on Mt. San Vigilio near Lana for Jewish pupils. All this is complemented by modern interactive touchscreens and games, as well as sculptures of the artist Willy Verginer. Today the Lamplhaus is a listed building.
Already in 1995, the first School Museum of its kind in Italy was set up on the 3rd floor of today's Dante School in the Via Cassa di Risparmio road in Bolzano. Today, in addition to the Bolzano School Museum, there is also one in Tagusa, a hamlet near Castelrotto, about 32 km away. And how to reach the Bolzano School Museum? In Rencio there are some (few) parking possibilities, otherwise the city bus no. 8 will take you there. From the city centre it is a 20-minute walk.
Opening hours: from July 15 to December 31, 2020
July 15 - Aug 31, 2020:
only by reservation (min. 24 hours prior) via
Sept 1 - Dec 31, 2020:
Saturday and Sunday from 3 pm to 6 pm
closed on December 24, 25 and 31
phone: +39 0471 997581, email@example.com