In the Val Pusteria valley there’s the interesting Brunico Municipal Museum, which offers also a graphic workshop.
Image gallery: Brunico Municipal Museum
- Map See map
- See video
In 1995 the Brunico Municipal Museum - "Stadtmuseum Bruneck" in German, "Museo Civico di Brunico" in Italian - was inaugurated in a building, in which once upon a time the post coaches and horses were housed. Nowadays the museum, managed by the Pro Brunico Museum Association, offers an appealing mix of historical collections and contemporary arts. Its symbol is the cope stone of Michael Pacher, originating from the Issengo Church. Moreover, it offers sacral artworks such as the late-Gothic winged altar by Simon and Veit from Tesido, masterpieces by artists such as Michael Pacher or Paul Troger, as well as 12,000 book plates from all over the world.
The historical pieces of the exhibition, shown in the Gothic room, come from the former Brunico Local Museum, dating back to 1912. The foundation of the collection, in those days, consisted of the estate of the local chronicler Johann Nepomuk Tinkhauser (1787 - 1844). The second focus of the Brunico Municipal Museum is set on contemporary and modern exhibitions of national and international artists. Five to seven exhibitions per year take place, in which various fields such as graphics, painting, woodcarving or photography alternate.
Interesting: As the museum has its own graphic workshop, it also offers courses for adults and kids. And how to reach the museum? It is located between the entrance to the historic town and the Piazza Cappuccini (Capuchin Square). At the Piazza Cappuccini there's also a parking space (subject to charge), by foot the museum is accessible from the historic town via a bridge.
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.
€ 3.00 adults
€ 2.00 students (up to 26 years)
€ 2.00 seniors 65+
€ 2.00 groups (min. 10 persons)
free for children under 6 years
use of the art room:
€ 5.00 per person (half day)
open within the duration of the respective exhibition